Eminem on track for fastest-selling album of 2013 with Marshall Mathers LP 2
The US rapper's latest record has sold 73,000 copies in 24 hours
Eminem’s The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is set to become one of 2013’s fastest-selling albums after firing to the top of the charts just 24 hours after its release.
According to the Official Charts Company’s latest sales data, the American rapper is on track to add a seventh UK number one album to his lengthy list of accolades, shifting over 73,000 copies since it went on sale yesterday.
Daft Punk currently hold the title of artist with the fastest-selling album this year, after Random Access Memories sold more than 165,00 copies in its first week.
Now That’s What I Call Music 85 takes the credit overall, however, with a staggering 262,000 copies sold during its first week in July.
Eminem's faces competition this weekend from 2012 X Factor winner James Arthur’s self-titled debut and Tinie Tempah’s Demonstration, but his number one crown is far from endangered at this mid-week stage.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
James Blunt finally admits the truth: 'You're Beautiful' is annoying
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars Episode 7 has almost finished filming
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt is intriguing as unsympathetic war hero
Batman v Superman: Side-kick Robin to be 'woman played by Jena Malone'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world