Florence: Coming to a wedding do near you?
Looking for the perfect musical accompaniment to your wedding? The most fashionable choice of wedding singer this summer has been Florence Welch.
The flamed-haired chanteuse, also known as Florence and the Machine, has performed at two of the most written-about celebrity weddings this summer.
The supposedly "secret" nuptials between actors Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively last weekend in South Carolina featured a performance from Welch. The singer is friends with Lively, who starred in the TV series Gossip Girl.
Welch was also said to have sung at what was dubbed "the alternative wedding of the year", that of Lady Mary Charteris, the model, and her musician husband Robbie Furze.
After cornering the celebrity wedding market, it will be interesting to see if next year she decides to branch out into anniversaries, birthdays, bar mitzvahs and the like.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >