Florence Welch cancels gigs after losing voice
Thursday 12 July 2012
Chart star Florence Welch has cancelled a pair of festival gigs to avoid permanently damaging her voice, as she heads for her first number one single.
The singer - who records as Florence + The Machine - said she had suffered a "vocal injury" and has lost her voice after she felt something "snap".
She apologised to fans for the cancellation of the shows in Spain and Portugal saying she has been told she cannot sing for a week.
Arts & Ents blogs
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.