Florence Welch cancels gigs after losing voice
Thursday 12 July 2012
Chart star Florence Welch has cancelled a pair of festival gigs to avoid permanently damaging her voice, as she heads for her first number one single.
The singer - who records as Florence + The Machine - said she had suffered a "vocal injury" and has lost her voice after she felt something "snap".
She apologised to fans for the cancellation of the shows in Spain and Portugal saying she has been told she cannot sing for a week.
Arts & Ents blogs
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
Sat in a hotel lobby amidst a music conference in Aarhus around 4am in is a great way to argue, and ...
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 4 Grace Dent on TV: Extreme Couponing, My Strange Addiction, and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, TLC
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.