Florence Welch cancels gigs after losing voice
Thursday 12 July 2012
Chart star Florence Welch has cancelled a pair of festival gigs to avoid permanently damaging her voice, as she heads for her first number one single.
The singer - who records as Florence + The Machine - said she had suffered a "vocal injury" and has lost her voice after she felt something "snap".
She apologised to fans for the cancellation of the shows in Spain and Portugal saying she has been told she cannot sing for a week.
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Sir Elton John lashes out at Russia’s anti-gay laws in Moscow show
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >