Full shortlists for Brit Awards 2010
Monday 18 January 2010
The shortlists for the Brit Awards 2010 were unveiled at an event in London tonight.
Full list of nominees is as follows:
* British male solo artist - Calvin Harris; Dizzee Rascal; Mika; Paolo Nutini; Robbie Williams.
* British female solo artist - Bat For Lashes; Florence And The Machine; Leona Lewis; Lily Allen; Pixie Lott.
* British breakthrough act - Florence And The Machine; Friendly Fires; JLS; La Roux; Pixie Lott.
* British group - Doves; Friendly Fires; JLS; Kasabian; Muse.
* MasterCard British Album - Dizzee Rascal, Tongue n'Cheek; Florence And The Machine, Lungs; Kasabian, West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum; Lily Allen, It's Not Me, It's You; Paolo Nutini, Sunny Side Up.
* British single - Alesha Dixon, Breathe Slow; Alexandra Burke featuring Flo Rida, Bad Boys; Cheryl Cole, Fight For This Love; Joe McElderry, The Climb; JLS, Beat Again; La Roux, In For The Kill; Lily Allen, The Fear; Pixie Lott, Mama Do; Taio Cruz, Break Your Heart; Tinchy Stryder featuring N-Dubz, Number 1.
* International male solo artist - Bruce Springsteen; Eminem; Jay-Z; Michael Buble; Seasick Steve.
* International female solo artist - Lady GaGa; Ladyhawke; Norah Jones; Rihanna; Shakira.
* International breakthrough act - Animal Collective; Daniel Merriweather; Empire Of The Sun; Lady Gaga; Taylor Swift.
* International album - Animal Collective, Merriweather Post Pavilion; Black Eyed Peas, The E.N.D.; Empire Of The Sun, Walking On Dream; Jay-Z, The Blueprint 3; Lady GaGa - The Fame.
* British producer - Jim Abbiss; Paul Epworth; Ethan Johns; Steve Lillywhite.
* Critics' choice - Ellie Goulding.
* Outstanding contribution to music - Robbie Williams.
* Brits performance of 30th year - Bee Gees, Stayin' Alive/How Deep Is Your Love (1997); Bros I Owe You Nothing (1989); Coldplay, Clocks (2003); Eurythmics and Stevie Wonder, Angel (1999); Girls Aloud, The Promise (2009); Kanye West, Gold Digger; Kylie Minogue, Can't Get You Out Of My Head (2002); Michael Jackson, Earth Song (1996); Paul McCartney Live & Let Die (2008); Pet Shop Boys, Go West (1994); Robbie Williams and Tom Jones, Full Monty medley; Scissor Sisters, Take Your Mama (2005); Spice Girls, Wannabe/Who Do You Think You Are? (1994); The Who, Who Are You? (1988).
* Brits album of 30 years - Coldplay, A Rush Of Blood To The Head; Dido, No Angel; Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms; Duffy, Rockferry; Keane, Hopes & Fears; Oasis, What's The Story Morning Glory; Phil Collins, No Jacket Required; Sade, Diamond Life; The Verve, Urban Hymns; Travis, The Man Who.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Unseen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory chapter deemed 'too subversive' released
- 2 Ebola virus: It's ripped through towns – now the deadliest ever outbreak of the virus is heading for Africa's teeming cities
- 3 Joan Rivers: 'Palestinians deserve to be dead'
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
Unseen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory chapter deemed 'too subversive' released
Doctor Who, Into the Dalek, TV review: Classic sci-fi adventure has blockbuster spectacle
Al Pacino's The Humbling and Manglehorn, film reviews
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
The Leftovers, TV preview: Prepare to be bewildered by the latest mystery from the creator of Lost
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward