Full shortlists for Brit Awards 2010
Monday 18 January 2010
The shortlists for the Brit Awards 2010 were unveiled at an event in London tonight.
Full list of nominees is as follows:
* British male solo artist - Calvin Harris; Dizzee Rascal; Mika; Paolo Nutini; Robbie Williams.
* British female solo artist - Bat For Lashes; Florence And The Machine; Leona Lewis; Lily Allen; Pixie Lott.
* British breakthrough act - Florence And The Machine; Friendly Fires; JLS; La Roux; Pixie Lott.
* British group - Doves; Friendly Fires; JLS; Kasabian; Muse.
* MasterCard British Album - Dizzee Rascal, Tongue n'Cheek; Florence And The Machine, Lungs; Kasabian, West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum; Lily Allen, It's Not Me, It's You; Paolo Nutini, Sunny Side Up.
* British single - Alesha Dixon, Breathe Slow; Alexandra Burke featuring Flo Rida, Bad Boys; Cheryl Cole, Fight For This Love; Joe McElderry, The Climb; JLS, Beat Again; La Roux, In For The Kill; Lily Allen, The Fear; Pixie Lott, Mama Do; Taio Cruz, Break Your Heart; Tinchy Stryder featuring N-Dubz, Number 1.
* International male solo artist - Bruce Springsteen; Eminem; Jay-Z; Michael Buble; Seasick Steve.
* International female solo artist - Lady GaGa; Ladyhawke; Norah Jones; Rihanna; Shakira.
* International breakthrough act - Animal Collective; Daniel Merriweather; Empire Of The Sun; Lady Gaga; Taylor Swift.
* International album - Animal Collective, Merriweather Post Pavilion; Black Eyed Peas, The E.N.D.; Empire Of The Sun, Walking On Dream; Jay-Z, The Blueprint 3; Lady GaGa - The Fame.
* British producer - Jim Abbiss; Paul Epworth; Ethan Johns; Steve Lillywhite.
* Critics' choice - Ellie Goulding.
* Outstanding contribution to music - Robbie Williams.
* Brits performance of 30th year - Bee Gees, Stayin' Alive/How Deep Is Your Love (1997); Bros I Owe You Nothing (1989); Coldplay, Clocks (2003); Eurythmics and Stevie Wonder, Angel (1999); Girls Aloud, The Promise (2009); Kanye West, Gold Digger; Kylie Minogue, Can't Get You Out Of My Head (2002); Michael Jackson, Earth Song (1996); Paul McCartney Live & Let Die (2008); Pet Shop Boys, Go West (1994); Robbie Williams and Tom Jones, Full Monty medley; Scissor Sisters, Take Your Mama (2005); Spice Girls, Wannabe/Who Do You Think You Are? (1994); The Who, Who Are You? (1988).
* Brits album of 30 years - Coldplay, A Rush Of Blood To The Head; Dido, No Angel; Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms; Duffy, Rockferry; Keane, Hopes & Fears; Oasis, What's The Story Morning Glory; Phil Collins, No Jacket Required; Sade, Diamond Life; The Verve, Urban Hymns; Travis, The Man Who.
Grace Dent on TV The Secret Life of the Pub is sexist, ageist and a breath of fresh air
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
tv Singer could become the most unlikely star of Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 I've been called an abusive and dangerous parent, when all I did was listen to my transgender child
- 2 Why this father didn’t hide his daughter’s heroin overdose in her obituary
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 Teaching profession headed for crisis as numbers continue to drop and working lives become 'unbearable'
- 5 The most powerful passports in the world
Game of Thrones: Visit the real-life kingdom of Westeros to see where violent history ends and telly tourism begins
Warner Music owner Len Blavatnik tops Sunday Times Rich List
Sherlock series 4: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman have to be 'persuaded' to return, says Steven Moffat
London Marathon: Best running songs from Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar to 'Uptown Funk'
Oldest footage of London landmarks released
General Election 2015: Chuka Umunna on the benefits of immigration, humility – and his leader Ed Miliband
The sickening truth about food banks that the Tories don't want you to know
Migrant boat disaster: Ukip candidate mocks victims in sickening Twitter post
Nigel Farage wants the BBC to stop making programmes like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing, and Top Gear
Global warming: Scientists say temperatures could rise by 6C by 2100 and call for action ahead of UN meeting in Paris
General Election 2015: Britain would become a 'communist dictatorship' under Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon, claims wife of Michael Gove