Internet leak forces early debut for One Direction song
Thursday 20 September 2012
One Direction rushed the radio debut of their new single forward to today after the track was leaked online.
The song, "Live While We're Young", was brought forward by four days after an unauthorised "poor quality" version of the video appeared this morning.
The band's bosses at Syco and Sony decided to act by in response to the leak.
The chart-toppers told fans about the change with a message on Twitter.
A statement on their behalf said: "The band did not feel that it was right or appropriate for the fans to hear the track as this illegal upload, so they have responded quickly."
A message from the group said: "We wanted our fans to see the video and hear the single in the proper way so we've moved the premiere to tonight. We're really excited about LWWY - we've worked really hard on it and we can't wait for everyone to see and hear it."
The video was being aired at 5pm today on radio and the video was being screened at 6pm, with the release due on 30 September.
The track is the first single to be taken from second album Take Me Home, which is out on 12 November.
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Sir Elton John lashes out at Russia’s anti-gay laws in Moscow show
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >