Kings of Leon show cancelled after fire
Wednesday 22 December 2010
A sell-out Kings of Leon concert at The O2 arena has been postponed after two tour buses were destroyed in a fire at the venue.
The arena in Greenwich, south-east London, was not affected by the blaze but the time it took to assess the damage meant there was no choice but to call off last night's show by the band, whose hit single "Sex On Fire" was No 1 for three weeks in 2008.
Six people needed treatment for smoke inhalation after the fire broke out in a loading area early yesterday morning, leaving the buses gutted. About 60 firefighters tackled the blaze.
A spokesman for the band said: "Kings of Leon send their sincerest apologies to all the fans who were planning and travelling to attend what was due to be a triumphant finale to their European tour."
Arts & Ents blogs
Sherlock's Benedict Cumberbatch 'first sexy Holmes', says Mark Gatiss
Too upsetting? Academy members voted for Oscar-winning 12 Years A Slave 'without watching it'
Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it
Jessica Alba interview: From Hollywood superwoman to household product CEO
Captain Phillips actor Barkhad Abdi struggles financially despite Oscar nomination
Apple's Tim Cook: Business isn’t just about making profit
Thousands of young people forced to go without food after benefits wrongly stopped under 'draconian' new sanctions regime
Ukraine crisis: New navy chief 'defects' and surrenders Crimean HQ as Putin claims ultranationalists forced intervention
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it