Listen: Drake posts new track Draft Day on Soundcloud, namechecks Jennifer Lawrence and Chance The Rapper
Song title references soon-to-be NFL star Johnny Manziel
Drake has debuted a new song called Draft Day, which samples Lauryn Hill's Doo Wop and comes six months after the release of his album Nothing Was The Same.
Simple and direct, the new cut sees Drake rap over a looping sample, with no guest verses or chorus hooks.
Lyrics of note:
'And if I left this sh*t to chance I would have picked a name like Chance the Rapper / Yeah, no offense coz I don't know that n*gga'
'On some Hunger Games sh*t, I would die for my district / Jennifer Lawrence you can really get it. I mean for real, girl you know I had to do it for yah'
'Just hits, no Mrs / That's for the married folk' (reference to Jay Z and Beyonce or Kim and Kanye maybe?)
Drake posted the track on Soundcloud alongside a picture of its most referenced person, Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Matthew Miller: American sentenced to hard labour in North Korea 'wanted to be Snowden II'
- 5 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea's 'Booty' music video is just a load of butts
Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
The Beatles biographer reveals exclusive original manuscripts of some of the best pop songs ever written
Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since TV series ended in 2004
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'