LL Cool J to host the Grammys
Wednesday 18 January 2012
After seven years with a no-host format, the Grammys will have an emcee — LL Cool J.
The Grammy-winning rapper and actor says the Feb. 12 broadcast is "gonna
be a great night" and says his hosting duties are a dream come true.
The Recording Academy has already named some performers — the Foo Fighters, Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars and Jason Aldean.
It will be LL Cool J's first time hosting the Grammys. He has hosted the live Grammy nominations concert since it began in 2008.
The Grammys will be broadcast on CBS from Los Angeles. The rap legend is a star on the network's "NCIS: Los Angeles."
The last host of the Grammys was Queen Latifah.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
Game of Thrones actress begs for 'other princess work' after Myrcella Baratheon part is recast
New Netflix releases: Films and TV shows coming August 2014
Star Wars Episode 7: Simon Pegg hints at role
Palestinian artists transform smoke-filled Gaza into symbol of resistance
Guardians of the Galaxy - review: A superficial and half-hearted Marvel film
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
- < Previous
- Next >