Lostprophets announce split after 'year of heartache'
Welsh band Lostprophets, whose frontman Ian Watkins is standing trial for sex offences, have announced their split.
The group, who have been together since 1997, announced the news on their Facebook page.
The band said in a statement: “After nearly a year of coming to terms with our heartache, we finally feel ready to announce publicly what we have thought privately for some time. We can no longer continue making or performing music as Lostprophets.
“Your love and support over the past 15 years has been tremendous, and we'll be forever grateful for all you've given us. As we look forward to the next phase of our lives, we can only hope to be surrounded by people as devoted and inspiring as you guys have been.”
The statement was signed “Jamie (Oliver), Lee (Gaze), Luke (Johnson), Mike (Lewis), and Stu (Richardson)”.
Watkins, 35, faces 24 sex offence allegations, including raping a baby and possessing an extreme image of a person having sex with an animal.
He appeared in a plea hearing at Cardiff Crown Court in June when he denied all separate sex offences.
He is due to stand trial next month for the charges, which also include possessing, making and distributing indecent images of children.
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers