Mel B confirmed as judge on 'America's Got Talent'
Could Mel B be to America what Nicole Scherzinger is to Britain?
The former Spice Girl has confirmed she will be replacing judge Sharon Osbourne on the next series of America’s Got Talent.
Scary Spice has already breathed fire down contestants’ necks as a judge on the Australian X Factor, and has featured as a guest judge in the last series of The X Factor in the UK.
It is the second time Simon Cowell has hired a Brit to serve on the judging panel of the American versions of his hit TV shows.
Cheryl Cole was made a judge on the American X Factor in 2011, but was fired swiftly after production company SiCo claimed that the Girls Aloud star was not “comfortable” on the show.
Mel B replaces Sharon Osbourne, who announced her departure from America’s Got Talent in September after the seventh series’ ratings ended on an all-time low, reports Deadline Hollywood.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >