MIA’s Lovebox set interrupted by power cut and sound problems
The rapper complained of technical issues throughout her headlining set
M.I.A fans were disappointed by her headlining Lovebox performance yesterday (19 July) after a power cut interrupted her set.
The singer had invited members of the audience to join her on stage (a nice gesture, although she berated them when they got in her way), before the sound cut out and the screens went black. MIA was taken off stage and the crowd booed.
The rapper had previously complained about sound issues, saying that she couldn’t hear her beats properly.
She returned for an encore of “Paper Planes” and “Bad Boys”, which was warmly received by the audience. However, her set was cut from 75 minutes to an hour.
The powercut was reportedly caused by an audience member dislodged a power cable with their foot.
Other acts to play at the festival in London’s Victoria Park Nars, Chase & Status and Annie Mac.
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Sek, k'athjilari! (That’s “yes, definitely” to non-native speakers).TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies after injuring spine doing somersault celebration
- 2 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Lynda Bellingham dead: Loose Women presenter dies after battle with colon cancer
Breaking Bad season 6 is still not happening
Doctor Who, Flatline - review: Clara isn’t half bad as the Time Lord
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars Episode 7 has almost finished filming
X Factor 2014 results: Chloe Jasmine and Stephanie Nala sent home
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Sorry Judy Finnigan – Ched Evans is no less sickening than an alleyway rapist
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Workers 'could be forced to pay £5 a week' to get benefits
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver allegedly kicks gay couple off for kissing