Pop superstar Michael Jackson will give evidence in person at the High Court to defend allegations that he owes an Arab sheikh £4.7m.
His barrister, Robert Englehart QC, told Mr Justice Sweeney today that he was withdrawing his application for Jackson to give his evidence via video link from Los Angeles because of health fears.
"He has been cleared by his medical advisers to travel in two days' time," he told the judge.
Jackson is expected to arrive in the UK over the weekend to give his evidence on Monday afternoon.
The case involves Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa, second son of the King of Bahrain, who is suing Jackson to get back what he says he spent on the star.
Bankim Thanki QC, representing the sheikh, told Mr Justice Sweeney that Jackson signed a contract for recording albums, writing an autobiography and staging shows in which it had been agreed that $7m (£4.7 million) would be deducted from Jackson's agreed royalties to pay for the expenses.
Jackson insists there was no valid agreement and that the sheikh's case is based on "mistake, misrepresentation and undue influence".
In his pleaded defence, Jackson says the payments he received were "gifts" and that no project was ever finalised.
Sheikh Abdulla is the governor of the Southern Governate of Bahrain and head of the country's Public Commission for the Protection of Marine Resources, Environment and Wildlife.
He is also the founder of the 2 Seas Group, an entertainment and record production label.
When Mr Englehart applied to the judge on Tuesday for Jackson to give evidence from the US, Mr Justice Sweeney responded: "I want to get to the bottom of this as best I can."
He asked for medical experts to get together and provide him with a report by 9am today.Reuse content