Odd Future's Frank Ocean reveals his first love was a man
Wednesday 04 July 2012
Frank Ocean says he feels like a free man: The acclaimed singer has revealed on his website that his first love was a man.
He wrote today on his Tumblr page that he fell in love at 19 with a friend whom he spent two summers with. When he confessed his feelings, the friend didn't reciprocate, though he did years later.
Ocean's self-released nostalgia, ULTRA. was named as one of the best albums of 2011 by some critics.
He also was prominently featured on Jay-Z and Kanye West's Watch the Throne album last year. He is part of the hip-hop collective Odd Future led by Tyler, the Creator, who is known for using anti-gay epithets in his lyrics.
Tyler is expressing support for Ocean on Twitter — in typical crude fashion.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
- 2 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 3 Miley Cyrus address Robin Thicke VMA controversy: ‘He wanted me as naked as possible, but I got the heat because I’m a woman’
- 4 iPhone 6s camera: features to include 4K video camera and flash for selfies
- 5 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
Suicide Squad's Margot Robbie: Jared Leto's now more petrifying when out of his Joker make-up
Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
The Girl in the Spider's Web, David Lagercrantz, review: Stieg Larsson's heroes return in a thrilling new intrigue
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn