Odd Future's Frank Ocean reveals his first love was a man
Wednesday 04 July 2012
Frank Ocean says he feels like a free man: The acclaimed singer has revealed on his website that his first love was a man.
He wrote today on his Tumblr page that he fell in love at 19 with a friend whom he spent two summers with. When he confessed his feelings, the friend didn't reciprocate, though he did years later.
Ocean's self-released nostalgia, ULTRA. was named as one of the best albums of 2011 by some critics.
He also was prominently featured on Jay-Z and Kanye West's Watch the Throne album last year. He is part of the hip-hop collective Odd Future led by Tyler, the Creator, who is known for using anti-gay epithets in his lyrics.
Tyler is expressing support for Ocean on Twitter — in typical crude fashion.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’