Randy Travis discharged from hospital after heart failure and stroke
Thursday 01 August 2013
Country music star Randy Travis is out of the hospital three weeks after he was admitted with congestive heart failure and later suffered a stroke.
A statement released yesterday confirmed Travis has been discharged from The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano near Dallas, where he'd been admitted on 7 July.
The statement from publicist Kirt Webster goes on to say Travis has been moved to a physical therapy centre for further treatment for a stroke he suffered on 10 July.
The 54-year-old singer developed the heart failure due to a viral illness. The stroke prompted surgeons to operate to relieve pressure on his brain.
Travis' fiancee Mary Davis gave thanks for the prayers and support the singer received from fans and friends for his recovery.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arts & Ents blogs
YouTube star Rebecca Black is back with Saturday (it's a sequel to Friday, see?)
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
X Factor 2013: Luke Friend wins place in final as Rough Copy sent home
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >