The Monkees: Hey, hey, we're cancelling our reunion tour
They go wherever they want to, and they do what they like to do. To that end, The Monkees have announced that they will be cancelling the rest of their reunion tour.
After a decade apart, three of the band's four members – Micky Dolenz, Peter Tork, and Davy Jones – hit the road earlier this year with a series of triumphant comeback concerts.
But they announced on Tuesday that they would be quitting the tour. "No reason has been given at this time," Jones announced on his Facebook page. The group's spokesman later attributed the cancellation to a scheduling dispute, denying reports that Dolenz, 66, had checked himself into rehab.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >