The world's most expensive wedding singers
Tuesday 25 August 2009
The Rolling Stones charge £5 million to perform at weddings.
The ageing rockers – made up of frontman Sir Mick Jagger, guitarist Keith Richards, drummer Charlie Watts and guitarist Ronnie Wood - have been named the world's most expensive wedding act, ahead of Sir Elton John and Kylie Minogue who only demand £2 million to play at nuptials.
In 2002 the Sympathy for the Devil hitmakers - who refuse to perform private shows unless they are already on tour - charged the enormous sum to play a 90-minute set at a lavish party in the US.
Candle in the Wind singer Elton scooped £1.5 million in 2001 after singing along to his piano for a private bash.
However, the pop icon donates all earnings from private concerts to his charity, the Elton John AIDS Foundation, rather than pocket the huge sums.
In the poll - commissioned to celebrate Living TV's Four Weddings series, which airs on Mondays - US songstress Christina Aguilera was named the fourth priciest performer at £1.5 million a show while British pop star George Michael bags £1.3 million for a private concert.
Troubled Rehab starlet Amy Winehouse, Beatles legend Sir Paul McCartney, X Factor winner Leona Lewis and US star Jennifer Lopez can each demand £1 million for a post-nuptials performance.
The world's 12 most expensive wedding performers, according to Living TV:
1. The Rolling Stones - up to £5 million
2. Sir Elton John - up to £2 million
- Kylie Minogue - up to £2 million
4. Christina Aguilera - up to £1.5 million
5. George Michael - £1.3 million
6. Amy Winehouse - £1 million
- Sir Paul McCartney - £1 million
- Leona Lewis - £1 million
- Jennifer Lopez - £1 million
10. Barry Manilow - £750,000
11. Rod Stewart - £600,000
12. Duran Duran - £500,000
Source: The New Zealand Herald
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
Dresden riots: Protesters in Germany attack refugee buses shouting 'foreigners out'
France train shooting: US soldiers speak of the moment they stopped gunman and 'beat him until he was unconscious'
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn accused of 'deluding' young supporters with 'claptrap'
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith calls for urgent ESA overhaul as part of drive to cut down welfare costs