Album: Lethal Bizzle, Go Hard (Search & Destroy)
Sunday 04 October 2009
In 2004 Mobo award- winning MC Lethal Bizzle's single "Pow" was so loved it was banned at raves due to the chaos it created.
But while Bizzle's new album finds him working with (among others) Mark Ronson, the east London MC's bravado has hit the ceiling. "Go Hard" and "Going Out Tonight" bear some hope, but the rest of the album doesn't match up. And with lines such as "I am Jimi Hendrix but I don't play no guitar/ I am Lenny Kravitz but I don't eat cavier", Bizzle just comes across as too juvenile and desperate to crossover.
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland