Album: N.E.R.D, Nothing (Polydor / Star Trak)
Sunday 31 October 2010
If you thought Pharrell had jumped the shark, Nothing will come as something of a shock.
From the ebullient synclavier funk and lez-porn scenarios of opener "Party People" to a closing track, "The Man", which overtly calls for revolution, this is a significant return to form. Taking in 1970s MOR and 1960s psychedelic soul, and packed with political anger, lust and philosophical musings, it's the best N.E.R.D album since In Search of... Against all expectations, the forces which once powered them have been recharged, and turned up to 11.
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains