Album: The Flowers of Hell, Come Hell or High Water, (Benbecula)
Sunday 17 May 2009
Composed and recorded in London, Toronto, Prague and Abilene (Texas), with the involvement of a small host of worthy musos, most of whom have form with Spacemen 3, Spiritualized, British Sea Power and Patti Smith.
Artwork by Aubrey Beardsley. It's prog, folks, the kind which aspires to bring the instrumentation of post-war electric rock to bear on the sensibilities of classical composition. Proper prog, then, with a formalist's sense of space and texture and no widdling. Enjoyable.
film Sex scene trailer sees a shirtless Jamie Dornan turn up the heat
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account