Saturday 25 February 1995
The Weasel (Up & Down Canary Wharf, 18 February) may find Bob Geldof's congratulatory note to the News of the World sick-making, but I just think it's sensible tactics from a pair of very, very media-conscious celebrities. They've been around, they know what's good for them, both now and in the future. Suck up to the swine and there's a good chance they'll only ruffle your hair rather than rough you up. And, to be entirely cynical, Bob Geldof's career is in such disarray that he needs even a prurient Murdoch organ on his side, rather than on that of the abandoned Helena Christiansen.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God