The Independent Recommends: Theatre
Friday 13 November 1998
West Yorkshire Playhouse, Leeds (0113-213 7700) 7.45pm
One of the highlights of the BACs "One Woman" festival - dedicated to female monologues and cabaret turns - must be Cyndi Freeman's Greetings from Hollywood, a guided tour of the seedier side of Tinsel Town and the damaged egos that fester there by a former made-for-TV soft-porn star.
BAC, London SW11 (0171-223 2223) to Sun, 9pm
tvSpolier alert: Find out the result of a heated final show
peopleWhat advice would David Cameron give to his younger self?
Beatles rush out 'bootleg' album to defy EU copyright law
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
Harvey Weinstein reveals his secret weapon on-set
Now that an oil trader's drinking has got him sacked, will we all have to make do with an afternoon latte?
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
Auction house to give away $1m masterpiece in charity raffle - and tickets are only $100 each
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 5 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- < Previous
- Next >