Travel long haul: Something To Declare
News from the travel world
With so many museums in and around London now charging entrance fees, the cost of a trip to the capital for families wanting to visit a number of sights can be prohibitive. The answer used to be a deal called the London White Card, but, following a facelift, it is now called GoSee London's Museums & Galleries.
The prices for unlimited access range from pounds 16 for three days for a single adult to pounds 50 for a family for a week ("family" means two adults and up to four children aged 16 and under).
The 16 participating venues are: Aspley House (Wellington Museum); Barbican Art Gallery; BBC Experience; Design Museum; Hayward Gallery; Imperial War Museum; London Transport Museum; Museum of London; Museum of the Moving Image; National Maritime Museum (Old Royal Observatory, Queens House); Natural History Museum; Royal Academy; Tower Bridge Experience, and the V&A.
Cards are available at these venues, London Transport information centres and tourist information centres.
Arts & Ents blogs
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron at war with press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.