Travel long haul: Something To Declare
News from the travel world
Saturday 21 November 1998
With so many museums in and around London now charging entrance fees, the cost of a trip to the capital for families wanting to visit a number of sights can be prohibitive. The answer used to be a deal called the London White Card, but, following a facelift, it is now called GoSee London's Museums & Galleries.
The prices for unlimited access range from pounds 16 for three days for a single adult to pounds 50 for a family for a week ("family" means two adults and up to four children aged 16 and under).
The 16 participating venues are: Aspley House (Wellington Museum); Barbican Art Gallery; BBC Experience; Design Museum; Hayward Gallery; Imperial War Museum; London Transport Museum; Museum of London; Museum of the Moving Image; National Maritime Museum (Old Royal Observatory, Queens House); Natural History Museum; Royal Academy; Tower Bridge Experience, and the V&A.
Cards are available at these venues, London Transport information centres and tourist information centres.
musicReview: Culture Club performs live for first time in 12 years
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo shot dead at war memorial
- 5 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
This is what a film sex scene actually looks like on set (mostly awkward)
Taylor Swift, 1989, album review: Pop star shows 'promising signs of maturity'
American Horror Story season 4, Fox - review: Silly, sensational and sensitive
The Apprentice 2014: Nurun Ahmed and Lindsay Booth fired in double elimination
Breaking Bad season 6 hoax: Vince Gilligan has not confirmed a new series