Alesha Dixon brushes off Stricly speculation
Former Strictly Come Dancing winner and pop favourite Alesha Dixon today brushed off reports that she is being lined up to replace Arlene Phillips as a judge on the show.
The 66-year-old choreographer has been told that she will not be on the panel for the new series of the BBC show when it returns to our screens this autumn, The Sun reported.
The newspaper claims that producers are lining up Dixon as they look to inject some youthful glamour into the series, to compete with a younger judging panel on ITV's X Factor.
A BBC spokesman said today: "We can't confirm anything about the new series of Strictly yet, but we are always looking at ways to maximise viewers' enjoyment of our shows."
Asked about the reports, Dixon told Sky News: "There is always speculation. Two months ago they were reporting that I was going to take over from Brucie.
"But once you are part of Strictly Come Dancing, you are part of the family and I do feel that about the show.
"It it wasn't for Strictly I wouldn't be here because it really has changed my life."
Arts & Ents blogs
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.