Anneka Rice to join BBC Radio 2
Thursday 09 February 2012
Anneka Rice is to join BBC Radio 2 after landing a regular weekly show.
The presenter, famed for TV shows such as Treasure Hunt and Challenge Anneka, will take over from Zoe Ball on the early Saturday morning show.
Rice, 53, has been a regular stand-in on R2 but begins presenting the show in her own right later this month.
Listeners recently heard her standing in on Alan Carr and Melanie Sykes's Saturday evening show Going Out, alongside Patrick Kielty.
Rice, who became a household name after breathlessly running around in a jumpsuit on Channel 4's Treasure Hunt, starts her two-hour early breakfast show at 6am on February 25.
Rice said: "I started my career in BBC radio so I'm thrilled to be going full circle and back to my roots. Unbelievably, I'm even looking forward to the early starts as I'm missing not having a young family anymore."
She is also being lined up for a TV role on BBC1 later this year. Station controller Danny Cohen has confirmed plans are in hand but has not released further details.
Arts & Ents blogs
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
How climate change helped Genghis Khan: Scientists believe a sudden period of warmer weather allowed the Mongols to invade with such success
- 1 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 2 Arrest made after man is found by the side of the road with his penis cut off
- 3 Michael Schumacher 'experience' gives F1 legend chance to 'show his character', says Lewis Hamilton
- 4 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 5 Disney's Frozen is 'very evil' gay propaganda, says Christian pastor