Anthea Turner suffers rib injury during Dancing on Ice training
Wednesday 16 January 2013
Dancing On Ice star Anthea Turner is recovering after hurting a rib during training for the ITV show.
The 52-year-old presenter said her on-screen partner Andy Buchanan spotted the problem, telling fans on Twitter: "Lying on my bed with Hot-water bottle strapped to my ribcage. AndyBuchananTV felt it and heard 1 ping Y/day PAIN!!!!"
Turner is on the hit show with other celebrities including rugby player Gareth Thomas, Olympian Beth Tweddle and Coronation Street star Samia Ghadie.
Last week, Turner said her stint on the show was worth all the injuries because it had given her "the best bum I've ever had".
She told ITV1's Lorraine show: "The toning of the body - ice skating - it's skater bum, it's amazing. I don't care even if I crash out on Sunday, I have had three months of the best bum I've ever had since I was somewhere in my 20s. In fact, even in my 20s it probably wasn't this good."
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'