Armando Iannucci slams American TV 'buffoons'
Tuesday 04 September 2012
The Thick of It's creator, Armando Iannucci, has hit out at the "buffoons" who remade his political satire in the US.
Iannucci, 48, acted as executive producer while trying to adapt the hit BBC show for an American audience, but broadcaster ABC rejected it after viewing the pilot.
The comedian and writer told the Radio Times: "The mistake is to think that because America has this tremendous influence internationally, therefore all Americans are brilliant. When we were doing the pilot of The Thick of It at ABC there were just scores of people working on it, all called vice-president this and that, and a lot of them were buffoons."
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 2 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Great British Bake Off, episode 4, review: Dessert meltdown as heat gets turned up
Doctor Who lesbian kiss sparks Ofcom complaints over 'weird lesbian-lizard perv trip'
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
Emmys 2014: Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman and Steven Moffat win big awards for Sherlock
Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >