Basement shock set to greet Celebrity Big Brother housemates
Thursday 03 January 2013
Some of the stars of Celebrity Big Brother are in for a shock when show bosses divide them up and make half of them live in a grotty basement while their housemates live it up upstairs.
Six of the contestants, due to be identified later today, will have to live without their luxuries at the start of the show, sleeping on mattresses and denied access to the house garden and hot tub.
A show insider said: "It's not going to be all champagne and air kisses as Celebrity Big Brother kicks off this year. Some of the housemates will have to face a very different kind of house - the basement. It will divide them and test them like never before."
The show, which starts tonight on Channel 5, was plunged into controversy yesterday when one of the rumoured contestants, Jim Davidson, was questioned by detectives investigating the Jimmy Savile sex abuse scandal over allegations dating back 25 years.
The allegations are not directly linked to Savile, the Metropolitan Police said.
Davidson, 59, was reportedly arrested at Heathrow Airport as he returned to the UK to appear on the show.
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it