Carol Vorderman breaks her nose in fall down stairs wearing four-inch heels
Monday 25 March 2013
TV presenter Carol Vorderman is recovering after falling down stairs while wearing four-inch heels and breaking her nose.
The 52-year-old ex-Countdown star ended up in hospital and has been forced to cancel TV appearances following the accident.
Vorderman admitted that she feels "like a complete idiot" after she ran down the stairs with her hands in her pockets following a meeting in central London on Thursday.
The Loose Women presenter's boyfriend, ex-Red Arrows squadron leader Graham Duff, took her to hospital where she had surgery on her face.
Vorderman, who has a plaster cast on her nose, said: "I feel OK but, because I had my hands in my coat pockets while I was running, I had nothing to break my fall except my head.
"I really do look like I've done eight rounds with Muhammad Ali.
"The bruising round my eye has reached its peak. I have stitches in my forehead and left eyelid."
Vorderman, who also presents Food Glorious Food, added: "I am just counting my blessings that I didn't damage my skull or the left eye itself..."
Arts & Ents blogs
One Direction urge fans to lobby George Osborne about corporate tax avoidance
What are the best first lines in fiction?
EDL Girls: Don't Call Me Racist, BBC3 - TV review: EDL Angel gets into a right muddle
Russell Crowe's Noah banned in three Arab countries before worldwide premiere
Call The Midwife: Jessica Raine leaves in series three finale
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow