David Tennant's new role as Virgin Mary in alternative nativity story
Friday 21 December 2012
Who is that? Former Time Lord David Tennant shared the stage with DJ Christian O'Connell when he played the Virgin Mary in an alternative take on the nativity story.
The actor, soon to star in BBC drama The Spies Of Warsaw, was joined by former Arsenal footballer Ian Wright and singer Newton Faulkner for the performance on O'Connell's Absolute Radio show.
The DJ played Joseph, with Wright starring as a dinosaur midwife, in the performance this morning.
The three wise men were played by a trio of Tennant's fans who won a competition to co-star with him.
Next year will see him team up with another former Doctor Who star when he appears in ITV drama Broadchurch with Arthur Darvill.
Darvill, who played Rory in the sci-fi show, will star as a priest while Tennant plays a detective investigating a murder in a small town.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
James Blunt finally admits the truth: 'You're Beautiful' is annoying
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars Episode 7 has almost finished filming
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt is intriguing as unsympathetic war hero
Batman v Superman: Side-kick Robin to be 'woman played by Jena Malone'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world