Fresh Meat cast to take up University Challenge for Red Nose Day
Wednesday 27 February 2013
The cast of hit comedy Fresh Meat are taking up a university challenge with a difference to raise money for Red Nose Day.
The stars of the Channel 4 show, about a group of students, will be travelling to seven universities between Newcastle and Loughborough on Friday.
The actors, including Jack Whitehall, Joe Thomas and Kimberley Nixon, will be doing everything from serving breakfast to lecturing to raise the money.
They will also visit universities in Durham, Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield and Nottingham on the day.
Highlights from the challenge will be shown on BBC One on Red Nose Day, Friday March 15.
Dozens of celebrities have got involved in this year's fundraising attempts, with One Direction recording a cover version of the Blondie track One Way Or Another and the Undertones single Teenage Kicks.
Other names taking part include Miranda Hart, Graham Norton and Kirstie Allsopp.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber pass £170,000 on eBay
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’