Girl Meets World gets eight extra episodes from Disney Channel
The US sitcom about teenager Riley will run for 21 episodes this summer
Disney Channel’s Girl Meets World has been extended for eight additional episodes in the US.
The series, which has yet to debut on television, will follow teenager Riley Matthews (Rowan Blanchard) for a total of 21 episodes.
The show’s star Danielle Fishel, who plays Riley’s mother Topanga, confirmed the news yesterday, tweeting from her account: “Got the great news tonight that #GirlMeetsWorld was picked up for 8 more episodes – a total of 21! Can’t wait for everyone to see them all.”
Actor Ben Savage, who plays Riley’s father Cory, tweeted: “We’ve been picked up for 8 more episodes. It’s a joy revisiting these characters and meeting the world as a dad.”
The Disney Channel commissioned Girl Meets World last year, which is due to premiere in June 2014. The show picks up from popular Nineties series Boy Meets World, which ran from 1993-2000.
Rowan Blanchard has been cast as the lead in 'Girl Meets World' The sitcom follows seventh-grader Riley (Rowan Blanchard) and her best friend Maya as they confront the challenges of middle school.
Savage and Fishel, who played parents Cory and Topanga in Boy Meets World, will reprise the roles they played in sitcom.
Girl Meets World is set in New York City, where the family moved to in the Boy Meets World season finale.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God