Girl Meets World gets eight extra episodes from Disney Channel
The US sitcom about teenager Riley will run for 21 episodes this summer
Disney Channel’s Girl Meets World has been extended for eight additional episodes in the US.
The series, which has yet to debut on television, will follow teenager Riley Matthews (Rowan Blanchard) for a total of 21 episodes.
The show’s star Danielle Fishel, who plays Riley’s mother Topanga, confirmed the news yesterday, tweeting from her account: “Got the great news tonight that #GirlMeetsWorld was picked up for 8 more episodes – a total of 21! Can’t wait for everyone to see them all.”
Actor Ben Savage, who plays Riley’s father Cory, tweeted: “We’ve been picked up for 8 more episodes. It’s a joy revisiting these characters and meeting the world as a dad.”
The Disney Channel commissioned Girl Meets World last year, which is due to premiere in June 2014. The show picks up from popular Nineties series Boy Meets World, which ran from 1993-2000.
Rowan Blanchard has been cast as the lead in 'Girl Meets World' The sitcom follows seventh-grader Riley (Rowan Blanchard) and her best friend Maya as they confront the challenges of middle school.
Savage and Fishel, who played parents Cory and Topanga in Boy Meets World, will reprise the roles they played in sitcom.
Girl Meets World is set in New York City, where the family moved to in the Boy Meets World season finale.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- < Previous
- Next >