I'm A Celebrity 2013 contestants: Kian Egan
Who has left luxury behind to face the bushtucker trials down-under?
Kian Egan, 33, pop star
Who? Kian is a former member of the chart-topping band Westlife, whose hits include “Flying Without Wings” and “What About Now”.
Why take part?: Camping in the jungle is “a pretty cool thing to do”, he reckons. “For me, I have had so many amazing opportunities in my life and I see this as another one. Television is what I want to do now.”
What he says: “Without a shadow of a doubt, the hardest thing is going to be being away from my boy.” Kian’s son Koa turns two in December.
Most likely to humiliate himself: Refusing to sing a Westlife song when everybody wants him to and crying all the time.
Phobias: The coffin challenge - tougher than he looks, Kian is not really scared of anything else.
Ideal campsite comrade: Someone who will take on the role of entertainer, so that he's not pushed into it.
Looking forward to: Enjoying some time learning more about himself without his mobile or iPad for distraction.
Odds of a jungle romance?: None - he’s happily married to wife Jodi.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter