Jonathan Ross 'wrestled to ground' by show guests
Friday 21 May 2010
Jonathan Ross has received a mauling - this time from his own guests - as he filmed his Friday Night show.
The chat show host said he was feeling "rather sore and bruised" after three separate play fights broke out, involving Gary Lineker, Gorillaz and Ross Noble.
Viewers will see how the "free-for-all" began when comedian Noble, the first guest to sit down for a chat, tried to swap seats with Ross.
Former England star Lineker also pretended to throw some punches at Ross when it was his turn to take to the stage.
The biggest wrestling match was saved until last - when Damon Albarn's band Gorillaz piled on to the host as they closed the show.
Ross wrote on Twitter today: "(Morning) all. I am rather sore and bruised after getting wrestled to the ground repeatedly during last night's show.
"Ross Noble started it..."
Ross is hosting his final series of the chat show for the BBC as he prepares to quit the corporation this summer.
His decision to leave came just over a year after the notorious Sachsgate scandal, which caused a storm of protest and led to Ross being suspended for three months.
* Friday Night With Jonathan Ross will be shown tonight at 10.35pm on BBC1.
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it