Only Fools and Horses US version shelved
After a second pilot ABC decides not to commission the show
The US remake of Only Fools and Horses has been axed.
US Network ABC passed on the series titled Kings of Van Nuys after a second pilot of the comedy was made, reported Hollywood Deadline.
John Leguizamo had been cast in the role of Del Boy –originally played by Sir David Jason- with Dustin Ybarra as Rodney and Christopher Lloyd as their ageing grandfather.
The show was first given the green light for a pilot in January, but ABC did not pick it up in its round of commissioning. Both pilots were written by Scrubs writers Steven Cragg and Brian Bradley.
The news comes after co-creator of Gavin and Stacey Ruth Jones quashed rumours earlier this week that an American version of the sitcom looked likely.
Sir David Jason said: “They can do brilliant comedy [in America] but I don’t see that they can pull of Only Fools and Horses. I don’t see that it will travel across the pond.”
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Arts & Ents blogs
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Colin Wilson: Eternal outsider
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl Kaychanel featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 TK Maxx and discount stores: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >