Only Fools and Horses US version shelved
After a second pilot ABC decides not to commission the show
The US remake of Only Fools and Horses has been axed.
US Network ABC passed on the series titled Kings of Van Nuys after a second pilot of the comedy was made, reported Hollywood Deadline.
John Leguizamo had been cast in the role of Del Boy –originally played by Sir David Jason- with Dustin Ybarra as Rodney and Christopher Lloyd as their ageing grandfather.
The show was first given the green light for a pilot in January, but ABC did not pick it up in its round of commissioning. Both pilots were written by Scrubs writers Steven Cragg and Brian Bradley.
The news comes after co-creator of Gavin and Stacey Ruth Jones quashed rumours earlier this week that an American version of the sitcom looked likely.
Sir David Jason said: “They can do brilliant comedy [in America] but I don’t see that they can pull of Only Fools and Horses. I don’t see that it will travel across the pond.”
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Sir Elton John lashes out at Russia’s anti-gay laws in Moscow show
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >