Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel Horwood needs hip replacement surgery
The 48-year-old said he hopes to come back 'bigger, better and stronger'
All those years of pirouettes and splits have taken their toll on Strictly Come Dancing judge Craig Revel Horwood.
The 48-year-old has revealed he will undergo hip replacement surgery, and joked he is “going to be made of titanium”.
He said the operation was necessary after “years of classical ballet and forcing turn-outs”, which he admitted was “quite detrimental to your body”.
Revel Horwood, who is known for his prickly comments on the Strictly panel, said he planned to come back “bigger, better and stronger” from the surgery.
He told BBC Breakfast: “I’m having a hip replacement and I can’t wait. I’m going to be made of titanium and then I will come back bigger, better and stronger.
“It’s all those years of can-cans and dropping the splits.”
In an interview with presenter Susanna Reid, who will appear as a contestant on this year’s show, he said: “Sportsmen and women need hip replacements. It was all those years of classical ballet and forcing turn-outs. It can be quite detrimental to your body.”
But the judge did not hold back from making a few clipped remarks about Reid’s performance.
After watching a video of the presenter in rehearsal with her partner Kevin Clifton, he said: “That was a bit lame, a bit lacklustre. You know you’ve only got two more days to improve that.”
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans