The Voice ratings revive for semi-final (as it no longer competes with Britain's Got Talent)
Monday 17 June 2013
Talent show The Voice saw a ratings revival for its semi-final as it piled on more than a million and a half extra viewers last night.
The BBC One show drew an average audience of 5.8 million who saw Matt Henry, Andrew Begley, Leah McFall and Mike Ward chosen to go through to the final next weekend.
It was a huge improvement on the 4.2 million who watched the previous week's quarter-final stage - the first live programme of the 2013 series.
And it was a huge improvement on the 4.5 million who tuned in for the semis last year.
In general this year's programme has lagged behind the ratings for the 2012 run, but last night's show bucked the trend.
At the programme's peak, it had an audience of 6.7 million and the BBC said it was the most watched programme of the night.
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Andreas Lubitz: Who is Germanwings co-pilot who 'locked out captain and crashed flight 9525'?
- 2 JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
- 3 Germanwings crash: Descent may have been 'deliberate, suicidal choice' by pilot, claims experts
- 4 Germanwings plane crash live: Andreas Guenter Lubitz intentionally crashed flight 9525 into the Alps in act of mass murder and suicide – latest
- 5 Video shows what happens when lava is poured onto ice
Jeremy Clarkson to host BBC's Have I Got News For You despite Top Gear exit
Jeremy Clarkson says it 'isn't hard' to create another Top Gear
James May hints Top Gear days are over following Jeremy Clarkson's BBC suspension
The Face of an Angel actress: I feel great empathy for Meredith Kercher’s family
James May hints he will not continue on Top Gear without Jeremy Clarkson
Nigel Farage brands LGBT activists 'filth' and 'scum' and accuses them of scaring away his children after they invade his local pub
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Russia threatens Denmark with nuclear weapons if it tries to join Nato defence shield
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Vote Ukip, says far-right group Britain First