Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson 'swears in his sleep'
Jeremy Clarkson even swears in his sleep, his Top Gear colleague James May has disclosed.
May told Jonathan Ross's chat show that sharing a tent with the straight-talking Yorkshireman was like being with "a giant swearing maggot".
The pair bunked up together during a bid to become the first people to drive a car to the Magnetic North Pole.
Top Gear was rapped by the BBC Trust last July for showing Clarkson and May sipping gin and tonics at the wheel during the stunt.
They used a heavily modified Toyota pick-up truck, while Richard Hammond raced against them in a sled pulled by dogs.
May told Ross the Top Gear team were doing their bit for the environment, saying: "We're hastening the demise of cars because we just treat them as a laughing stock."
* The episode of Friday Night with Jonathan Ross airs tonight at 10.35pm on BBC1.
Arts & Ents blogs
The Full Monty to close in West End after one month despite Olivier nomination
Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your endless scrolling
Game of Thrones' Nikolaj Coster-Waldau on acting one-handed and why Jaime Lannister is not bad
Halle Berry's role in X-Men: Days of Future Past role cut to one scene
Game of Thrones star Sibel Kekilli on why she wants more male nudity in the show
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Did jetliner fly into area controlled by Taliban? Net widens after claims final satellite signal could have been sent from the ground
- 4 Nasa-funded study warns of ‘collapse of civilisation’ in coming decades
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers