Trending: From black holes to bright lights for Hawking
Professor Stephen Hawking CH, CBE, FRS, FRSA has almost half an alphabet's worth of letters after his name, a grasp of theoretical physics and cosmology second to none, 12 honorary degrees and a list of best-selling books that would put Stephenie Meyer to shame.
That would be a lifetime's work for a whole University's worth of academics, let alone one man who has been living with Motor Neurone Disease for almost 50 years. But Hawking also has a nice little sideline in high-profile TV cameos. He's appeared in The Simpsons and Futurama in cartoon form and Star Trek: The Next Generation as a hologram.
His latest appearance will be in the new series of US sitcom Big Bang Theory, which follows the lives of a gang of plutonium-grade physics geeks. While there's no word yet on what his episode will consist of, given his place on the lifetime-achievement leaderboard, the folk at the Emmys might want to start sorting his statuette now.
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Sek, k'athjilari! (That’s “yes, definitely” to non-native speakers).TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake report claiming street artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
Doctor Who, Flatline - review: Clara isn’t half bad as the Time Lord
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt is intriguing as unsympathetic war hero
Star Wars Episode 7 has almost finished filming
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage