Trending: From black holes to bright lights for Hawking
Professor Stephen Hawking CH, CBE, FRS, FRSA has almost half an alphabet's worth of letters after his name, a grasp of theoretical physics and cosmology second to none, 12 honorary degrees and a list of best-selling books that would put Stephenie Meyer to shame.
That would be a lifetime's work for a whole University's worth of academics, let alone one man who has been living with Motor Neurone Disease for almost 50 years. But Hawking also has a nice little sideline in high-profile TV cameos. He's appeared in The Simpsons and Futurama in cartoon form and Star Trek: The Next Generation as a hologram.
His latest appearance will be in the new series of US sitcom Big Bang Theory, which follows the lives of a gang of plutonium-grade physics geeks. While there's no word yet on what his episode will consist of, given his place on the lifetime-achievement leaderboard, the folk at the Emmys might want to start sorting his statuette now.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 2 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 3 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 4 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
Great British Bake Off, episode 4, review: Heat gets turned up as Iain goes into meltdown
Doctor Who kiss sparks Ofcom complaints over 'weird lesbian-lizard perv trip'
Nicki Minaj suffers wardrobe malfunction during MTV VMAs performance with Ariana Grande and Jessie J
Emmys 2014: Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman and Steven Moffat win big awards for Sherlock
Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- < Previous
- Next >