TV's Anthea Turner confirms split from husband Grant Bovey
Wednesday 12 June 2013
Television presenter Anthea Turner has confirmed she has separated from husband Grant Bovey.
The couple, who famously posed for with chocolate bars during their wedding, married in 2000.
Turner said: "I can confirm we have separated, I need time to consider my immediate plans and will be making no further comment at this time."
The pair initially split up last year after Turner, whose career includes stints on Blue Peter and GMTV, reportedly discovered Bovey had an affair while she was filming in Canada.
They got back together and appeared to have put their rocky patch behind them, appearing in public at the world premiere of the Rolling Stones film Crossfire Hurricane.
Turner, who has also had stints on reality shows including Celebrity Big Brother and Hell's Kitchen, talked several years ago about the financial pressures she and Bovey faced.
The one-time TV golden girl had to sell her £10 million estate Barbins Grange in 2009 and a year later Bovey was declared bankrupt after the collapse of his property company Imagine Homes.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture