DVD: Doctor Who: Series 5, For retail & rental (2 Entertain)
Sunday 07 November 2010
No David Tennant, no Russell T Davies...no problem.
Matt Smith has slipped into the Doctor's tweed jacket with spiffing geek-genius charm, while the writing under Stephen Moffatt is every bit as spectacular as ever it was. And let's not forget the brilliantly feisty Karen Gillan as the Doctor's new assistant. This series continues to tread the line between drama, drollery and genuine terror better than anything on TV. Required viewing for all the family.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
scienceScientists find the answer to a question that even puzzled Darwin
A very timely Great Train Robbery and a frantic 24 Hours in A&E among the highlights
scienceThe new development in bio-printing technology could be used in the future to restore lost vision - though years of research still await
Geoffrey Macnab: The Wolf of Wall Street's account of white-collar excess is A Rake’s Progress on steroids
arts + entsThe 'Friends' actor on his new role as campaigner on addiction issues
Arts & Ents blogs
Brian Griffin returns: Cartoon dog back from the dead in Family Guy Christmas episode
Matthew Perry: He'll be there for you
Nymphomaniac, film review: 'Despite the surreal sex scenes this is a serious drama'
FAT’s all folks: Architecture’s biggest jokers sign off in style
The Wolf of Wall Street, film review: 'A lurid, profanity bespattered movie'
- 1 Facebook 'self-censorship': study records when you don't post to find more ways to share
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 ‘Why we don't have snow in Saudi Arabia’: Video captures winter fun as Middle East hit with rare blizzard
- 4 Vitamin pills are a waste of money, offer no health benefits and could be harmful - study
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >