TELEVISION / BRIEFING: The true colours of dictatorship
Tuesday 18 May 1993
This fascinating film, shot by an amateur enthusiast, has been discovered recently under a pile of wood in a cellar and is shown on 'Good Morning Mr Hitler', the last in the present series of WITHOUT WALLS (9pm C4). Luke Holland, the producer, has rounded up many people who were there to view the 16-minute film, rich in brown shirts and red flags. One woman spots her old boss. A Hitler sympathiser praises the Nazi art on show, saying its sense of order made her want to dash home and tidy up.
A footnote: the Haus der Kunst, in which Hitler is seen railing against 'decadent, sickening' art, is now a disco.
Arts & Ents blogs
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Sir Elton John lashes out at Russia’s anti-gay laws in Moscow show
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
Grace Dent on TV: Imagine – Who’s Afraid of Machiavelli?
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >