TELEVISION / Tabloid TV
Wednesday 04 August 1993
Breakfast television rivalry continued when ITV employees were barred from appearing as guests on The Big Breakfast unless they had already appeared on GMTV; The Big Breakfast team was meanwhile enjoying its comparative success until Chris Evans was vomited on by a cameraman when broadcasting live from a helicopter.
There were changes in stars' shapes: Esther Rantzen confessed that she was overweight as a teenager, Robbie Coltrane revealed that he has lost six stone since Christmas, and Burt Reynolds was reported to be shrinking by an inch a year due to injuries received when playing American football when he was younger.
Elsewhere, the BBC rescued This Is Your Life, the show ditched by ITV, and signed Michael Aspel to front three successive series.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love voted Greatest Guitar Riff of all time
Doctor Who lesbian kiss sparks Ofcom complaints over 'weird lesbian-lizard perv trip'
Emmys 2014: Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman and Steven Moffat win big awards for Sherlock
Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Beyonce MTV VMAs feminist performance: Twitter reacts to singer's 'double standard'
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >