TELEVISION / Tabloid TV
Thursday 26 August 1993
Elsewhere, Ronnie Barker decided against suing police for wrongful arrest over an antique in his shop that had been 'stolen from a little old lady'; three ex-Army officers used 'X-rated one-liners' when they appeared on Blind Date; Edward Woodward, who is to make a film for S4C, said he was terrified of learning Welsh, and Michael Winner declined to do a GMTV interview, minutes before the cameras were about to roll, when he was informed that he would be asked about his heart condition.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world