United Artists at 90 Short Film Competition
Directed by Sylvester Stallone
Monday 03 March 2008
Rocky III (1982) is the third installment in the Rocky movie series. Rocky's opponent is Clubber Lang, played by former bodyguard Mr. T. Lang is a younger and more aggressive boxer than Rocky. He is brash, outspoken, and charismatic. The part made Mr. T an icon, leading to him being one of the first elements outlined for The A-Team television series. The film also features professional wrestler Terry "Hulk Hogan" Bollea as the supporting character "Thunderlips". The role brought Hogan to a widespread audience.
After beating Apollo Creed and become World Heavyweight Champion, Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) is enjoying his boxing and top lifestyle, being everyone's idol. After 10 successful title defences under his name and even a charity fight draw with World Wrestling Champion, Thunderlips (Hulk Hogan), Rocky believes he has nothing more to prove and is ready to retire. But boxing brawler Clubber Lang (Mr. T) becomes the No. 1 contender and demands a match with Rocky for the Title. Rocky has too much pride to reject Lang, and trains with Manager Micky for his bout with Lang. But before the match, Rocky and Clubber get into a bust-up backstage and Micky is badly hurt. Rocky goes into his fight very worried about Micky who is being treated by a doctor as Rocky fights without a manager in his corner. Lang brutally beats Rocky, and after the fight, a battered Rocky falls into depression after the death of Manager Micky and does not have the confidence to challenge Lang to a re-match. But Former Champion Apollo Creed is the only man able to persuade Rocky to offer a rematch, and after Lang accepts the challenge, Creed trains Rocky. Rocky must now try to forget about his last brutal bout with Clubber, and try to regain the title and the confidence of everyone, and also try to get back the "eye of the tiger". Can Balboa win his Title and dignity back?
Sylvester Stallone .... Rocky Balboa
Talia Shire .... Adrian
Burt Young .... Paulie
Carl Weathers .... Apollo Creed
Burgess Meredith .... Mickey Goldmill
Tony Burton .... Duke (Apollo's Trainer)
Mr T … Clubber Lang
Hulk Hogan … Thunderlips
Ian Fried … Rocky Junior
Al Silvani … Al
Don Sherman … Andy
- The fight sequence between Rocky and Thunderlips took 10 days to film.
- Before settling on the film's signature song of "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor, Sylvester Stallone wanted to use the already hit song "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen.
- The size difference between Thunderlips and Rocky is not exaggerated for the movie –Hulk Hogan stands 6'6" tall and Sylvester Stallone is but 5'10". Mr. T is also 5'10" tall.
'At times I thought he was me'film
Review: One Direction, Fourmusic
Review: The World of Ice and Firebooks
Film More romcom than S&M
Review: The Imitation Gamefilm
Comedy...to show her mastectomy scars
TVNetflix gets cryptic
TV review A moving film showing kids too busy to enjoy their youth
Books Not even a Man Booker prize could save Richard Flanagan from a nomination
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Christmas 2014: The three most intriguing celebrity panto appearances
Lee Evans announces his retirement from comedy on The Jonathan Ross Show
Saturday Night Live vs The Daily Show: US channels wage comedy star wars
Iggy Azalea responds to Eminem rape lyrics: 'I'm bored of old men threatening young women'
Beyonce '7/11' music video: Star bounces on bed and films daughter Blue Ivy in lo-fi homage to viral video
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
France 'blocks' Russian sailors from boarding a warship
Revealed: How the world gets rich – from privatising British public services
Rochester aftermath: Sacking of Emily Thornberry will make work of Labour MPs '10 times harder'