United Artists at 90 Short Film Competition
The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)
Directed by Norman Jewison
Thursday 28 February 2008
The Thomas Crown Affair (1968) stars Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway. The basis for the film was Eric Ambler's 1962 novel, The Light of Day . It was nominated for two Academy Awards for Original Music Score and Best Song.
Thomas Crown, a young, handsome millionaire pulls off the perfect crime by having five men rob a bank and dump the money in a trash can, which Crown retrieves later and stores in a Geneva bank. Vicki Anderson, an independent insurance investigator is contracted to look into the heist. As she digs deeper into the case she begins to suspect Crown's involvement. In an attempt to get closer she begins seeing Crown socially, openly telling him she is investigating him.
Steve McQueen ... Thomas Crown
Faye Dunaway ... Vicki Anderson
Paul Burke ... Det. Lt. Edward 'Eddy' Malone
Jack Weston ... Erwin Weaver
Biff McGuire ... Sandy
Addison Powell ... Abe
Astrid Heeren ... Gwen
Gordon Pinsent ... Jamie McDonald
Yaphet Kotto ... Carl
Sidney Armus ... Arnie
Richard Bull ... Booth Guard
Peg Shirley ... Honey Weaver
Patrick Horgan ... Danny
Carol Corbett ... Miss Sullivan
Tom Rosqui ... Pvt. Detective
- Of all of the films that Steve McQueen made in his career, this is reported to have been his favourite.
- Sean Connery had been the original choice for the title role but declined, a decision he later regretted
- The one-minute kissing sequence between the two leads took eight hours to film over a number of days.
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Russian girl takes her own life after parents find pornography on her computer
- 3 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
The Jump 2015 line-up: Joey Essex, Mike Tindall, Jodie Kidd and co take to the slopes
Game of Thrones: Grey Worm actor Jacob Anderson is all for more male nudity – as long as he can keep his clothes on
Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' goes viral 35 years later
Churchill: The Nation's Farewell, TV review: Paxman reveals truth behind crane docker tribute, but delivers a fitting honour to Winston
Read Tom DeLonge's open letter about Blink 182 split: 'Our relationship got poisoned'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia