United Artists at 90 Short Film Competition
The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)
Directed by Norman Jewison
Thursday 28 February 2008
The Thomas Crown Affair (1968) stars Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway. The basis for the film was Eric Ambler's 1962 novel, The Light of Day . It was nominated for two Academy Awards for Original Music Score and Best Song.
Thomas Crown, a young, handsome millionaire pulls off the perfect crime by having five men rob a bank and dump the money in a trash can, which Crown retrieves later and stores in a Geneva bank. Vicki Anderson, an independent insurance investigator is contracted to look into the heist. As she digs deeper into the case she begins to suspect Crown's involvement. In an attempt to get closer she begins seeing Crown socially, openly telling him she is investigating him.
Steve McQueen ... Thomas Crown
Faye Dunaway ... Vicki Anderson
Paul Burke ... Det. Lt. Edward 'Eddy' Malone
Jack Weston ... Erwin Weaver
Biff McGuire ... Sandy
Addison Powell ... Abe
Astrid Heeren ... Gwen
Gordon Pinsent ... Jamie McDonald
Yaphet Kotto ... Carl
Sidney Armus ... Arnie
Richard Bull ... Booth Guard
Peg Shirley ... Honey Weaver
Patrick Horgan ... Danny
Carol Corbett ... Miss Sullivan
Tom Rosqui ... Pvt. Detective
- Of all of the films that Steve McQueen made in his career, this is reported to have been his favourite.
- Sean Connery had been the original choice for the title role but declined, a decision he later regretted
- The one-minute kissing sequence between the two leads took eight hours to film over a number of days.
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 What are your fingerprint words?
- 5 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
Thomas Heatherwick creates gin palace with a fantastical Willy Wonka vibe
Idris Elba 'absolutely' wants to play James Bond
Cilla, episode 2, ITV, review: Sheridan Smith continues to shine
Kendrick Lamar: New song 'i' released on Soundcloud sampling Isley Brothers - listen here
Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned PR disaster
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God