Win a double CD of classic soul
Sunday 26 September 1999
1) Aretha Franklin's "I Say a Little Prayer", one of her seven tracks on The Best of Atlantic Soul, was a top 10 hit in which year?
2) Otis Redding, with six tracks on The Best of Atlantic Soul, had a 1966 hit with which Rolling Stones hit from a year before?
3) Ben E King's "Stand By Me", featured on The Best of Atlantic Soul, was later recorded by which ex-Beatle?
Send your answers, with your name, address and day-time phone number, to: Atlantic Competition, Culture, Independent on Sunday, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DL, to arrive by Friday 1 October. Senders of the first 10 correctly answered entries drawn from the hat after the closing date will each receive a copy of The Best of Atlantic Soul. Results to be published next Sunday.
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained in Los Angeles after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Scottish independence: Britain faces 'constitutional crisis' at next election
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly