Win a double CD of classic soul
Sunday 26 September 1999
1) Aretha Franklin's "I Say a Little Prayer", one of her seven tracks on The Best of Atlantic Soul, was a top 10 hit in which year?
2) Otis Redding, with six tracks on The Best of Atlantic Soul, had a 1966 hit with which Rolling Stones hit from a year before?
3) Ben E King's "Stand By Me", featured on The Best of Atlantic Soul, was later recorded by which ex-Beatle?
Send your answers, with your name, address and day-time phone number, to: Atlantic Competition, Culture, Independent on Sunday, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DL, to arrive by Friday 1 October. Senders of the first 10 correctly answered entries drawn from the hat after the closing date will each receive a copy of The Best of Atlantic Soul. Results to be published next Sunday.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
The real reason Eddie Redmayne was cast as a trans woman in The Danish Girl
Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
This little boy loves books so much that he cries when his mother stops reading to him
Akram Khan: Choreographer says dance is 'as important as maths and being a doctor'
Idris Elba responds to comments he's 'too street' to play James Bond as 007 author apologises for controversial comment
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up