Day In a Page
Saturday, 1 February 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Maximilian Schell: Actor who specialised in roles exploring Nazi era and its legacy and won an Oscar for ‘Judgment in Nuremberg’
- Otis Pike: Congressman who used his wit and persistence to shine a light on covert overseas operations by the CIA
- Tony Hateley: Footballer acclaimed for his prowess in the air who was a prolific goalscorer for Bill Shankly’s Liverpool side
- Blas Piñar: Extremist who remained stubbornly loyal to the memory of Franco and strove to prevent the dilution of his legacy
- Professor Sir John Cornforth: Chemist who overcame profound deafness to win the Nobel Prize for his work on enzymes and cholesterol
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Elephant Campaign: The Samburu know the land and its animals better than anyone: ‘The elephant is an elder to us – it is taboo to hurt one’
- Stalemate on Syria's frontlines, but the hatred and horror stories grow by the day
- All aboard the Chattanooga to Pyongyang: VW car-workers' in Tennessee could change the course of unions in America
- Prince Charles is right about climate change
- Some protest songs need a hammer taking to them
- Tory rebels sense the time to pipe down is nigh
- The Great War centenary will push militarism down our throats. Resist the peddlers
- Weakness? What weakness? Jack Straw will be the first to tell you that he's not really bad at anything
- Ukip has done more than any other party to destroy the racist BNP
- It's not right to say there is ‘no evidence’ in the case against Amanda Knox. There's plenty
- Like Sienna Miller, I know how easy it is for ‘I love yous’ to slip out
- As the i paper approaches its 1000th edition, some thoughts on its history
- Emerging-market chaos and the Federal Reserve taper mean this might be as good as it gets for Britain’s economy
- Robert Fisk: Using ‘generic’ illustrations in news stories dishonours the dead and distorts the truth
- Why we should screen immigrants for HIV and hepatitis B
- Claudia Pritchard: We can do without intervals - just get on with the show!
- Dinner for one, who should be Marty, the 'Groupon Effect' and cuddly Jim Davidson
- The Amanda Knox verdict isn't justice for Meredith Kercher. It's a witch-hunt
- By tackling some of Labour’s worst democratic failings, the Miliband reforms finally lay the basis for a democratic politics
- Ditching Diageo's drams is a Scot's duty
- A better quality of life does not have to cost a thing
- Healthy cities: How can architects and planners get us moving if we ignore warnings from doctors?
- Ya-boo antics in the House, Cameron's signals, northern exposure and art for everyone
- Just one day in, and a gun shatters my Zen calm
- Breaking news: 'Being a Man' sounds like fun
- i Editor's Letter: Tell us your thoughts
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ashley Giles favourite as Andy Flower quits over split role and awful Ashes
- T20 series: Ashley Giles keen on England team director job but knows he needs wins
- Ashley Giles 'a very strong candidate' to succeed Andy Flower as England team director, says ECB chief
- Twenty20 series: Australia aiming to send England home 'with their tails between their legs' ahead of final match Down Under
- Angus Fraser: We had a run-in but it only led me to respect Andy Flower more
- Sorry end cannot spoil Andy Flower’s monumental successes with England
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Shortage of yellow fever vaccine threatens travel to the tropics - including Brazil
- Haute cuisine: Why do airlines persist in serving us in-flight meals?
- 'Penis soup is something I'll treasure for ever': Adventurer Simon Reeve reveals the most stomach-churning dishes he's encountered
- Where are the foodies going in 2014?
- Juliet Kinsman: Technology makes the world smaller, but isn't that a shame?
- Great getaways: On track with Eurostar to Germany, Turkish delight, spring break to Sicily and Bali break
- Simon Calder: Computer says 'no' to Gatwick passengers
- Travel challenge
- My life in travel: Jenna Coleman
- Travel agenda
Money RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Investors face up to social media
- Julian Knight: Let's make the very most of peer to peer lending
- Savvy Money: Can you vouch for getting the right insurance payout?
- Wealth Check: 'We're saving £1,000 a month so that we can buy our dream home'
- Grayson Perry makes merry as Essex villagers save their local store
- Simon Read: Does it matter that banks are slashing their branch networks when saving money could help customers?
- Simon Read: Let's hope the watchdog's clampdown will stop games companies tricking kids
- Questions of Cash: I won't have the money to top up my state pension in such a short time
- Five questions on: Packaged current accounts
- Richard Troue: Europe's back and you can cash in with a high-quality approach
- Bargain Hunter: Breaking good - download drama and comedy firsts free of charge
- Money Insider: The search to find a better current account
- Donald MacInnes: Peggy Woolley has my admiration after sticking with The Archers for so long
- Money alert: Two million kids living in fuel poverty
- Derek Pain: A takeover bid for struggling SnackTime would be a relief
- Which sector is tempting Isa investors this year?
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Maureen Lipman says 'she can't vote Labour while Ed Miliband is leader'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Canadian actor punched in face after 'Islamophobia' experiment goes wrong in wake of Ottawa shooting
- 3 Topshop at centre of row over body image as 'shocking' skinny mannequin photo goes viral
- 4 Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson criticised for beer tweet
- 5 The bubble bursts for Sodastream