Day In a Page
Sunday, 11 May 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Gary Barlow's 'aggressive' tax avoidance criticised by David Cameron
- Solange 'attacks' Jay Z in a lift: Shocking video shows Beyonce’s sister kicking rapper following Met Ball Gala
- Macaulay Culkin wears a T-shirt of Ryan Gosling wearing a T-shirt of Macaulay Culkin
- David Cameron and Boris Johnson amble to aid of collapsed woman, as paramedic answering 999 call finds PM holding her hand
- BBC is like Boko Haram for 'forcing' DJ David Lowe to quit, says Boris Johnson
- Gary Barlow fans shocked after Twitter hacker posts offensive message about his stillborn child via his account
- Richard and Judy 'make suicide pact' in case of terminal illness
- Amal Alamuddin and George Clooney engaged: Actor’s embarrassing ‘wooing emails’ revealed as couple celebrate with Malibu party
- Dr Helen Czerski: The TV physicist on inhuman noises, being all at sea and turning raisins into lava lamps
- Stephen Sutton: Teen cancer sufferer admits ‘there always will be anger’ after his now terminal illness went undiagnosed for months
- Gary Barlow tax avoidance: David Cameron defends Take That singer against calls he should give back OBE
- Freddie Starr storms out of Susanna Reid interview for Good Morning Britain after she questions him on sexual assault allegations
- Vicky Pryce 12 months on: 'I don't hold grudges'
- will.i.am kicked out of United Airlines first class lounge over 'fake' membership card
- Chemicals in soap can cause male infertility, claim scientists
- Trouble in the vegetable patch? Break out the aspirin - it nips pesky blights in the bud
- Why do we yawn? Nothing to do with boredom - we're just cooling our brains, say scientists
- Lucid dreams can be induced, scientists claim
- Dorothy Hodgkin and the most inspirational British women scientists
- Earwigs' sexual antics give scientists the willies
- Joe Wilder: Trumpeter who worked with jazz greats including Count Basie, Billie Holiday and Dizzy Gillespie
- Richard Moller Nielsen: Coach who led unfancied Denmark to unexpected victory in the European Championships of 1992
- Jimmy Ellis: Boxer who became world heavyweight champion and close friend, sparring partner and ring rival of Muhammad Ali
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Ed Miliband is blundering about on a 'crutch' provided by disillusioned Lib Dem voters
- Ukraine crisis: A small switch, but has Vladimir Putin really blinked?
- Alan Bennett knows how to shock a man
- Nigerian kidnapped schoolgirls: They are quiet, docile, passive. All in grey, dark grey and black, the colours of the clouds that block out the sun
- Virginia Ironside's dilemmas: A friend of mine made a pass at my husband
- Cocaine in our tap water isn't the real story
- Despite the rifts, the Coalition will stagger on until the election. But can you imagine Cameron and Clegg reunited in the rose garden?
- Grace Dent: It’s amazing what you can get away with if you’re Boris
- Gary Barlow gets pilloried – and then we throw our money at Starbucks
- Nature Studies: You’ve heard the song that features the linnet. But have you heard the linnet sing?
- Time to change the image of single women in their 30s
- The marvel of the mixtape
- Male infertility: A clear trend but so far there is no one culprit
- Tackling homophobia in Church schools: There is room for everyone, but not for behaviours which cause harm
- What can be done about Boko Haram?
- Roger Graef on how to make a positive documentary
- In sickness and in health: My creature comforts have never meant so much
- The spread of British hypocrisy, from Gerry Adams and Northern Ireland to Syria
- Unemployment will scar us for years
- Boko Haram and Nigeria: Western media underplayed the story for practical, not ethical, reasons
- The truth about the over-50s
- Lost? The Tea Party has already won, and its influence will be felt for years to come
- Prince Andrew praises Bahrain, island of torture
- Exclusive: Amnesty International stands by our claims, Nigeria's military had four hours to stop Chibok raid – but failed to act
- What about the hard-working singles?
- The mother of all battles? Politicians should realise that fathers are a group worth wooing
- Blowing in the wind: Fly the flag, and to hell with the state
- Almost two decades on, it's OK for Bill Clinton, but there's no peace for Monica Lewinsky
- What's worse than Ukip? Not enough kip...
- Burgers and microchips for all: Even if not a philanthropic sort, the world's first trillionaire could still offer a communal boon through taxation
- Seven reasons why Barclays was forced to shed 19,000 jobs
- The halal hysteria is all about money, not morality
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The Players Championship: Martin Kaymer adds second 'major' title after overcoming late thunderstorm to win at TPC Sawgrass
- Alasdair Forsyth defends decision to complete round after his caddie Iain McGregor suffers a fatal heart attack at the Madeira Islands Open
- Caddie McGregor dies on course in Madeira Islands Open
- R&A play down reports of Open Championship return to Northern Ireland as Portrush event described as 'some distance' from being agreed
- F1 Spanish Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton flourishing with Mercedes as he believes critics who blasted move are eating their own words
- F1 Spanish Grand Prix - Niki Lauda admits: ‘Nobody can beat Lewis Hamilton. He gets better every race’
- F1 Spanish Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton wins again after titanic duel with Nico Rosberg
- F1 Spanish Grand Prix live - As it happened
- IndyCar: Mayor of Indianapolis injured after being hit by debris that left driver James Hinchcliffe hospitalised during inaugural Indy road race
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster