Day In a Page
Wednesday, 14 May 2014
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Turkey coal mine explosion: Violent clashes erupt after disaster kills hundreds
- Top 10 best places for LGTBI rights in Europe
- California wildfires
- Cannes 2014 in pictures
- Stephen's story
- George Lucas at 70: Career in pictures
- Turkey coal mine accident in pictures: Powerful images that reveal scale of the disaster
- Oprah Winfrey sued by 86-year-old nuclear physicist
- Stephen Sutton dies: Teenager has raised £4m
- Scarlett Johansson suing French author for using her likeness in a new book
- Malala Yousafzai images used in controversial Indian mattress advertisement
- Colin Jackson tax avoidance: Olympic hurdler is involved in same scheme as Gary Barlow
- Gary Barlow tax avoidance: Take That singer says 'my financial affairs were chaotic'
- Nick Clegg on debut novel: ‘It is cringingly, toe-curlingly, puce-embarrassingly, pretentious adolescent tripe’
- Nick Clegg: 'I set fire to a cacti collection and I'm not proud of it'
- Morrissey’s Twitter debut is like his autobiography: Superfluous, impenetrable, pretentious and… Weird.
- Under 30s music rich list: Adele tops chart while One Direction makes boyband history
- Malik Bendjelloul suicide: Searching for Sugar Man director took own life, his brother confirms
- Solange ‘attacks’ Jay Z: Hotel fires employee who sold lift video for $250,000 after five-day bidding war
- Andrew Lloyd Webber defends Gary Barlow and reveals tax-reduction scheme that went up in smoke
- Helena Bonham Carter asked Prince William to be the godfather of her child. He said no.
- Patrick Stewart's singer wife Sunny Ozell employs him as her 'merch b***h'
- Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg is 30... and it will make you feel very, very old
- Stephen Sutton dies: David Cameron and Ricky Gervais lead tributes to fundraising teenager who lost his battle with cancer
- Stephen Sutton's legacy: donations to JustGiving page reach £3.5m a day after his death
- Reggie Kray’s wife Frances Shea’s diaries: Drunken abuse, weapons and constant isolation
- Solange ‘attacks’ Jay Z: Beyonce responds to sibling fall-out reports with four-post Instagram spree
- Stephen Sutton: How a teenager touched our hearts – and raised over £3m for charity
- Chris Martin and Alexa Chung: Single Coldplay frontman denies romance with model after provocative milkshake incident
- Justin Bieber accused of attempted robbery after delving into woman’s bag and taking her phone
- Solange 'attacks' Jay Z in a lift: Pair seen shopping for jewellery, as more rumours circulate over that lift conversation
- Malik Bendjelloul: Searching for Sugar Man director dies aged 36
- Mice crippled with MS are made to walk again with breakthrough cure
- National Geographic's Genographic Project is helping people to trace their family tree back 60,000 years to the Neanderthals
- World's oldest sperm discovered: 17-million-year-old cell is longer than its creator
- Incredible Nasa footage shows a 'hole in the Sun' that's bigger than Jupiter
- How to live longer: Find your purpose in life
- Dick Douglas: Truculent politician who started out as Labour's 'Hammer of the Nats' before switching sides and joining the SNP
- Charles Marowitz: Iconoclastic director who founded the Open Space Theatre and kick-started the careers of many fine actors and writers
- Stephen Sutton: Inspirational teenager who was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 15 and went on to raise millions for charity
- Eli Woods: Comedian and actor who was a star of music hall with Jimmy James and excelled as Les Dawson's stooge
- Malik Bendjelloul: Director who won Sweden's first Oscar for 30 years, and a Bafta, for his documentary 'Searching For Sugar Man'
- Jock Davidson: Footballer who overcame three leg-breaks early in his career to become a bulwark of Hull City's defence
- Ingeborg Wells: Actress and singer who was a star in Hitler's Germany before continuing her career in postwar Britain
- HR Giger: Artist hailed for his surrealistic creatures in nightmare landscapes who won an Oscar for his work on 'Alien'
- Antony Hopkins: Composer and broadcaster whose engaging delivery made 'Talking About Music' a success for 36 years
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- European elections 2014: Nerves all round, but Nick Clegg has most to fear
- Cats are for life, not just life-saving situations
- Cups of boiling water and a spoon of tomato puree: Here's what you can learn by living on £1 a day
- With immigration and jobs, it pays to always stick to the facts
- Dave's ‘24 Hours to Go Broke’ is dangerously irresponsible
- La Perla removes mannequin with protruding ribs: if beauty comes in all sizes, why does fashion force-feed us skinny?
- Bribes can never be unavoidable costs
- Now at last Lib Dem ministers can say what they really think of their Tory bosses
- It's surprising that the UK didn’t top the most boozy nations chart - we Brits seem to rely on it
- Mark Steel: With no Bulgarians or Romanians, who can Ukip blame now?
- AstraZeneca, please say hello to Pfizer
- It doesn't matter if children call teachers ‘Miss’ and ‘Sir’ at school
- Jack Bauer has changed the way we think about torture
- If you’ve committed a serious crime, or even a gaffe, then the proof should remain on Google. This ruling is a licence for censorship
- Hollywood protest at Sultan has heart in right place
- Running into an early grave? So what? I run to feel smug - not healthy
- PMQs: Why didn't Miliband probe Cameron on the NHS? Waffling on about Pfizer won't help the polls
- RIP Stephen Sutton – an inspirational teenager, who harnessed the very best of his generation
- Our tax money is not for the creation of party spin
- Women can abuse women too
- Does Thailand’s democracy have a future?
- i Editor's Letter: In "losing his fight with cancer", Stephen Sutton still found a way to win
- i Editor's Letter: Claudia Lawrence's colleague arrested on suspicion of murder
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- County players warned after new match-fixing allegations
- Stephen Brenkley: Lou Vincent's dirty secrets could clean up the game
- New Zealand Cricket confirm Auckland Aces matches in the 2012 Champions Trophy are being investigated by the ICC after match-fixing allegations
- Riki Wessels puts foot down to add to sluggish Northants' agony
- County Championship round-up: Graeme Smith's maiden century guides Surrey to victory
- What a racket: How the latest technological innovation is giving Rafael Nadal an advantage on court
- Rome Masters 2014: Andy Murray avoids birthday jinx but Roger Federer’s party finishes early
- Rome Masters 2014: Andy Murray defeats Jurgen Melzer to progress to quarter-finals on his 27th birthday
- Rome Masters 2014: Rafael Nadal forced to dig deep as Giles Simon takes the world number one all the way before Spaniard progresses to third round
- Judy Murray wants more women to come through the ranks in Great Britain if they are to be considered a 'strong tennis nation'
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Google chief Eric Schmidt says 'right to be forgotten' ruling has got the balance 'wrong'
- Skylanders and Disney Infinity: How a new breed of video game is blurring the line between the physical and the digital
- HTC launches One M8 Mini 2 with toned-down specs but the same premium build
- First mandatory smartphone 'kill switch' law passed in the US
- US Navy creates ultra-secure e-reader for reading Jane Austen in a submarine
- Google Glass on sale to "anyone" in the US
- Microsoft drops Kinect from Xbox One to match Sony's PS4 on price
- From Land's End to John O'Groats: Google Maps adds UK-wide public transport data
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict
- 4 Nicki Minaj 'Anaconda': Singer finally releases predictable video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence