Day In a Page
Tuesday, 24 September 2013
News RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Harry Goodwin: Photographer acclaimed for his pictures of the stars of the 1960s and '70s
- Patsy Swayze: Choreographer who worked on the films 'Thelma and Louise' and 'Urban Cowboy'
- Ferguson Smith: War hero who became a Special Branch spy catcher
- Professor Kofi Awoonor: Poet and novelist whose work fused the traditional and the modern
- Alvaro Mutis: Award-winning poet, essayist and novelist
- Peter Kay: Counsellor who worked with Tony Adams at the Sporting Chance Clinic
- Oscar Espinosa Chepe: Dissident economist jailed by Fidel Castro
- Carolyn Cassady: 'Camille' in Kerouac's novel 'On The Road'
Voices RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The tale of two 007s: would Daniel Day-Lewis be a good Bond?
- Hoping for the best about climate change just isn’t good enough
- CBeebies past 7pm? For all our sakes, the BBC should keep this watershed
- If even Merkel attracts ‘black widow spider’ sexism, what hope is there for the rest of us?
- It is not for Ed Miliband to get involved with Everyday Sexism and No More Page Three
- The widespread demand for local journalism remains undiminished
- Inside Westminster: A good speech, but what about the economy, Ed?
- There are huge pressures on the energy industry already. Freezing bills could put Britain in the dark
- After Edward Snowden's revelations about the NSA, what is the EU doing to ensure our online privacy?
- The immersive world that games like GTA 5 offer is the appeal, not the violence
- Was the White Widow in Westgate mall? The evidence is scant
- The real culprits in the ‘Yid’ debate are opposition supporters singing anti-semitic chants at Spurs fans
- Somali remittances: It's about justice, not charity
- From nuclear weapons to Syria, Obama needs Hassan Rouhani on side
- India's parody rape ‘it's your fault’ video sends a message to us all about the ways victims are blamed
- Great speech Ed, but completely unnecessary
- Don’t be fooled by this crumb of hope for the sparrow
- BlackBerry’s fall is a symptom of technology’s new world order
- Thank God Breaking Bad is over: Now I can get my life back
- The HS2 shambles reveals how our politics can’t cope with planning
- It's money that led McBride to the Daily Mail. But at what price?
- Social media 'experts' don't want you to read this
- How nets save lives: UK pledges £1bn to battle Malaria and other preventable diseases
- InRealLife gives a perverse account of how digital technologies are changing the lives of teenagers
- Sexual education is a basic right, Gove. So let's stop thinking of it as a fruity optional extra
- Violence and women in Brazil: What happens indoors stays indoors
- Third of Brits don't know who wrote Great Expectations - can you name the authors of these classics?
- Mac Story: Spare a thought for the obsolete Apple products
- British people prefer a tidy home to sex, says poll
- Ed Balls in conversation with Steve Richards: The highlights
- What is Horse_Ebooks? Twitter devastated at news popular spambot was human after all
- We followed Ed Miliband's speech on Twitter so you didn't have to
- Sex Box: Sex on TV? The 5 most transgressive broadcasts in history
- Who is the White Widow, Samantha Lewthwaite? 10 things we know
- Syrian immorality tales: Two men in the conflict who didn’t deserve their fate
- Birth of a leader: Ed Miliband boldly fleshes out policy vision in Labour Party conference speech
- Donald Macintyre's Sketch: Macho Miliband gets scary - he’s the Terminator, with the eyes of Ken Dodd
- Ed Miliband’s conference speech played well in the hall… and Conservative party HQ
- Rhodri Marsden: The perplexing geniality of our friends Down Under
Environment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Sport RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- The untried trio of Gary Ballance, Ben Stokes and Boyd Rankin called into England's Ashes battle
- The Light Roller: England's Ashes selections confuse recent precedent with considered history
- The Ashes: Stuart Broad expects Australia to try and unsettle England verbally
- The Ashes: Kevin Pietersen fires back at Australia coach Darren Lehmann after 'dour' crack at England
- Jos Buttler in talks to join Lancashire
Life and Style RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- Facebook maps 1.11 billion friendships to show off social network's global reach
- Video: Boeing tests pilotless F-16 fighter jet
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 3 phablet and Galaxy Gear smartwatch in UK for £599 and £299
- iPad mini 2: Leaks start with an alleged 'space grey' case
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 3 and also announces plans for smartphone with 'curved display'
- Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2: Microsoft refreshes its hybrid tablet/laptop range
Arts and Entertainment RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Travel RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
Student RSS Feed - click to grab the feed
- University entry figures settle down after entry fees blip
- Edinburgh student society apologises for golliwog poster
- £100m investment boost for Warwick University
- UK has ‘too many’ universities, says business chief
- Students worth '£82bn' to UK economy
- Over 1m Facebook 'likes' for Oxford University
- The backlash against the backlash? St Andrews is the first university to vote to keep 'Blurred Lines'
- University acceptances on the rise
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
- 1 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 2 West poised to join forces with President Assad in face of Islamic State
- 3 Mother fed her daughter tapeworms to make her skinny for pageant
- 4 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 5 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'